TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - nervous waiting in line...
People Seeking Info

Subject nervous waiting in line...

Posted by vorpalZ on October 05, 2015 at 10:12 AM
  This message has been viewed 490 times.

In Reply To Nordschleife!! fantastic posted by wickdGSXR on October 04, 2015 at 05:27 PM

Message Once on the 'ring with my instructor... I relaxed a lot. He was excellent... told me to slow down for the first lap and pointed out turn in points. He was an ex-race driver and was one of the best track instructors I've had anywhere. 2nd lap I sped up. We took a break before the 3rd & 4th laps... he said get out of the car for a bit... I was actually wobbly tired and the rest was needed. 3rd and 4th laps were faster yet as traffic was less, but you still have to be fully concentrating everywhere, as not only are you looking for turn in points, but watching for other drivers coming up and pointing them by or coming up on a slower driver and overtaking if you can, all while not hitting the curbing, which is old and tall and can do nasty damage to tires and bodywork.

Next time, I'd rent a smaller car, as it gets very tight in some sections and the 911 is actually pretty big for some sections of the track.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.